Apiary sites on public lands
A common policy framework for NSW
What's this about?
The commercial beekeeping industry depends on access to floral reserves on public lands for honey production and hive management.
Existing apiary site policies vary between agencies. Different systems of permit allocation, pricing, tenure and conditions have created administrative burdens and uncertainty for industry.
The framework will streamline administrative arrangements and support industry growth and development through:
- a consistent and transparent process for allocation of sites
- a single pricing structure across all public lands
- long-term permits with greater clarity around tenure
- a central point of information on site location and availability
- standard permit terms and conditions.
Have your say
Outcomes of the work to date are summarised in the Discussion Paper. Submissions are invited via the DPI website until 5pm, Thursday 15 June 2017.
Feedback from the consultation process will be used to finalise the policy framework, which is expected to be released in the middle of the year.