Barwon-Darling Water Resource Plan
What's this about?
The draft NSW Barwon-Darling Watercourse Water Resource Plan is currently on public exhibition. The plan outlines how NSW will meet the requirements of Chapter 10 of the Basin Plan for it to be accredited under Division 2 of Part 2 of the Commonwealth Water Act 2007.
As part of the development of the Barwon-Darling Watercourse Water Resource Plan, the NSW Government is proposing amendments to the Water Sharing Plan for the Barwon-Darling Unregulated Water Source.
The proposed changes to the plan include:
- introduction of Individual Daily Extraction Limits (IDELs) and IDELs trade
- introduction of resumption of flow rules
- introduction of active management to protect environmental water being used in-stream
- removal of access to imminent flow rules
- revision of a class flow class thresholds
- recognition of Barkandji native title determination.
Have your say
Have your say online by 29 October 2019.