Building & Development Bill
What's this about?
The Buildings Professionals Board is progressing reforms to strengthen and simplify the building and certification system in NSW by replacing the Act with new regulation.
The Building & Development Certifiers Bill 2018 will strengthen the regulation of certifying authorities by:
- clarifying certifiers' roles and responsibilities
- improving the independence of certifiers
- improving complaint handling and disciplinary procedures
- facilitating better regulatory coordination by formally integrating the Building Professionals Board and Secretariat into the Department of Finance, Services and Innovation
- enabling professional associations to be approved by the government as accreditation authorities,
- streamlining, modernising, and updating the language and structure of the BP Act.
The draft Bill and a Guide to the Bill are available for public consultation.
Have your say
There are three ways you can provide your feedback:
Have your say by 4 September 2018.