Building products used as cladding
What's this about?
Fair Trading is considering a ban on using certain materials or products in external cladding, wall, insulation, façade or rendered finishes on buildings of two or more storeys.
Submissions are invited as to whether a building product use ban should:
- apply to all uses of aluminium composite panels containing a polyethylene, polystyrene products, and similar substances in a building or only to specific uses
- apply to all buildings or only to specified classes of buildings
- apply to use by all people or permit use by specified persons
- apply subject to specified exceptions
- be subject to conditions.
Have your say
Submit your feedback via email by 23 April 2018.