Draft Marine Estate Management Strategy
What's this about?
The draft Marine Estate Management Strategy 2018-2028 proposes a coordinated, evidence-based approach to managing the priority threats facing the NSW marine estate.
It sets the management framework and strategic direction over the next decade and includes a series of management actions within eight management initiatives:
- Improving water quality and reducing litter
- Sustainable coastal use and development for healthy habitats
- Planning for a changing climate
- Reducing impacts on wildlife
- Protecting the cultural values of the marine estate
- Sustainable fishing and aquaculture
- Enabling safe and sustainable boating
- Improving governance and enhancing social and economic benefits.
Have your say
Please provide your feedback via the online submission form.
The feedback will inform the final strategy and help to implement management initiatives and actions over the next ten years.
Have your say by 8 December 2017.