Draft Paterson River Water Sharing Plan
What's this about?
The Water Management Act 2000 requires plans to be reviewed by the Natural Resources Commission and recommends a plan is either extended for a further 10 years or replaced with a new plan.
The commission reviewed and recommended that the Paterson Regulated River Water Sharing Plan in 2016 be replaced. The plan must be replaced on 1 July 2019.
The proposed changes include:
- sharing of water stored in Lostock Dam between licence classes
- sharing of high flows via supplementary water access licences
- limits on the total volume of water which may be extracted from the Paterson system
- water stored in Lostock Dam reserved for environmental purposes, water required to meet environmental flow targets, and environmental water that results from the total limits on extraction
- rules on the operation of the Lostock Dam
- rules which control the trade of water licences, share components and water allocations.
Public information session
Location: Gresford School of Arts
Date: Thursday, 16 May 2019
Time: 3pm to 6:30pm
Address: 42 Park Street, East Gresford, NSW, 2311
Have your say
There are two ways you can submit your feedback:
Have your say by 27 May 2019.