Easy and transparent trading
What's this about?
The Department of Fair Trading has opened public consultation on some possible reforms that are designed to empower consumers and small businesses in NSW by facilitating easy and transparent trading.
The reforms focus on driving efficient markets, supporting economic growth and creating opportunities for innovation.
The proposals would deliver on these objectives by removing unnecessary red tape – making it easier to do business, and increasing transparency and consumer choice.
Some of the possible changes include:
- removing 13 categories of home building licenses
- removing duplicate and unnecessary record keeping and reporting requirements
- updating uncollected goods regulation
- repealing redundant statutes
- increasing the threshold for owner-builder permits to $20,000
- creating a central data portal on traders and licensees.
Have your say
There are three ways to have your say:
Have your say by 27 August 2018.