Future uses of correctional centres
What's this about?
The Brewarrina (Yetta Dhinnakkal) and Ivanhoe (Warakirri) correctional centres will be retired during 2020.
The NSW Government is investigating how the land and buildings could be used in the future.
Individuals, community organisations, service providers, government agencies, and businesses are invited to submit ideas for the future uses of the correctional centres at Brewarrina and Ivanhoe.
The proposed future use could:
- be home to services that respond to community needs
- provide opportunities that do not yet exist within the local community
- deliver an enduring community benefit, including ideally, improving social outcomes such as participation in education and training or employment or reducing social disadvantage
- promote long term jobs and contribute to the local economy
- involve and have the support of local communities, AND/OR
- be financially self-sustaining or have access to sources of funding.
Please provide high-level overview only, as the NSW Government is not seeking detailed proposals at this time.
Have your say
Download the feedback forms:
There are three ways to have your say:
- Mail (no stamp required): REPLY PAID 1488, Elton Consulting, Bondi Junction NSW 1355
- Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
- Phone: 1800 614 993
Have your say by Friday 20 December 2019.
You can also give feedback in person at an information session on:
- Tuesday 19 November 2019 from 10:30am to 2:30pm
Ivanhoe Community Centre, 37 Columbus Street
- Wednesday 20 November 2019 from 10:30am to 2:30pm
Brewarrina Visitors Information Centre, 50 Bathurst Street