Great Western Highway improvements
What's this about?
The proposal would serve future traffic and transport needs of the Parramatta CBD by reducing queue lengths, and easing congestion along the Great Western Highway at the intersections at Pitt Street and Marsden Street.
- Provision of an eastbound left turn lane on the Great Western Highway into Marsden Street by relocating the median island on the Great Western Highway between O’Connell Street and Marsden Street.
- Provision of a westbound left turn lane on the Great Western Highway into Pitt Street by widening the southern side of the Great Western Highway.
- Provision of three northbound lanes in Pitt Street on approach to the Great Western Highway and one southbound lane in Pitt Street on the departure from Great Western Highway.
- Extension of the westbound right turn lane on the Great Western Highway into Pitt Street by up to seven car spaces.
- Removal of up to 16 trees and shrubs at the intersection of the Great Western Highway and Pitt Street to accommodate the new left turn lane on the corner of Pitt Street.
- Modification to the layout of traffic lights at both intersections.
Roads and Maritime Services will carefully consider all feedback received before deciding whether or not to proceed with this proposal.
Have your say
There are four ways you can provide your feedback:
- Online: consultation website
- Phone: 1800 316 763
- Email: [email protected]
- Mail: Parramatta Congestion Improvement Program
Roads and Maritime Services
PO Box 973
Parramatta, NSW, 2124
Have your say by 23 August 2017.