Greenfield Housing Code review
What's this about?
The NSW Government is committed to speeding up the delivery of new homes in new land release (greenfield) areas to meet the needs of NSW’s growing population and improve housing affordability.
The proposed Greenfield Housing Code:
- forms part of the policy for exempt and complying development (with simplified standards tailored to suit the requirements in greenfield areas and accommodating narrower lot widths, simplified setbacks for ground and upper levels and double garages on 10-metre wide lots)
- includes landscaping requirements for complying developments leading to leafier and more environmentally friendly greenfield areas
- includes a set of master planning and subdivision guidelines for greenfield areas to be used by councils to inform their own Development Control Plans and by applicants to provide details on developing well-designed subdivisions and masterplans
- makes it easier and cheaper for people to find or build homes to suit their lifestyles
- helps grow the economy by providing a boost to the housing industry and the wider NSW economy.
The Department of Planning and Environment is seeking your feedback on the Review of Complying Development in Greenfield Areas and Explanation of Intended Effect (EIE) for a proposed new Greenfield Housing Code.
Have your say
Go to the consultation website and read the:
- Review of Complying Development in Greenfield Areas
- Explanation of Intended Effect (EIE) for a proposed new Greenfield Housing Code.
There are two ways to have your say:
Have your say by 7 July 2017.