IPART review of government regulation
What's this about?
The NSW Government asked IPART to undertake several independent reviews to help identify ways to strengthen councils by improving their ability to serve the needs of their communities into the future.
These reviews focus on complex areas of government regulation that require detailed consideration, consultation and review.
The government is now seeking feedback about the issues and recommendations put forward in the three IPART reports before making further decisions about the best way forward and developing the government's final response.
The reports are a review of the local government rating system, report and compliance burdens on local government, and local government compliance and enforcement.
- Review of the Local Government Rating System (PDF, 2.94MB)
- Review of reporting and compliance burdens on Local Government (PDF, 1.83MB)
- Local government compliance and enforcement (PDF, 2.77MB)
Feedback for each report will be accepted by the following dates:
- Review of the Local Government Rating System – 13 September 2019
- Review of reporting and compliance burdens on Local Government – 25 October 2019
- Local government compliance and enforcement – 15 November 2019.
Have your say
Have your say online by 15 November 2019.