Macquarie-Castlereagh Surface Water
What's this about?
The Department of Industry is proposing changes to Macquarie-Castlereagh Water Resource Plan. This plan incorporates the water sharing plans for the Macquarie and Cudgegong regulated water sources, the Macquarie Bogan unregulated water sources and the Castlereagh unregulated water sources.
Changes to the Macquarie-Castlereagh Water Resource Plan aim to:
- Improve environmental outcomes in the Cudgegong and Macquarie Rivers.
- Address inconsistencies with account management between Cudgegong and Macquarie valleys when Burrendong Dam is full.
- Remove potential risks to assessment process.
- Provide greater equity to general security licence holders.
- Allocate more water to most GS licence holders.
- Formalise a replenished flow based on historic practice for Macquarie River below Oxley.
- Update restrictions on trade in Bulgerara Creek.
Water resource plans are a key requirement of the Commonwealth Basin Plan 2012.
- Tuesday, 4 December 2018, 2pm — 4pm
The Stables, Mid Western Regional Council
86 Market Street
- Wednesday, 5 December 2018, 9:30am — 11:30am
Narromine United Services Memorial Club
58 Dandaloo Street
Have your say
Have your say by email by 1 February 2019.