What's this about?
The Department of Industry is proposing a new water resource plan for the Macquarie-Castlereagh Alluvium.
The new plan will include the following groundwater sustainable diversion limit resource units:
- Bell Valley alluvium (GS11)
- Castlereagh alluvium (GS14)
- Coolaburragundy-Talbragar alluvium (GS15)
- Cudgegong alluvium (GS16)
- Lower Macquarie alluvium (GS26)
- Upper Macquarie alluvium (GS45).
Water resource plans are a key requirement of the Commonwealth Basin Plan 2012. The plan determines how water resources will be managed. It shows the resources covered, their level of development, environmental assets and geography affecting the way the rivers are managed. The plan also includes a number of statutory and policy documents.
All feedback is welcome, including any new evidence or information that could be considered in the final accreditation of the water resource plan.
Have your say
Have your say online by 14 December 2018.