Management of hazardous ground gases
What's this about?
The EPA has released the paper Contaminated Land Guidelines: Assessment and management of hazardous ground gases for public consultation.
- describe the issues relating to ground gases as they have been encountered in Australia and overseas
- set out recommended approaches and procedures for assessing and characterising sites that may be impacted by ground gases
- focus on assessing the risks associated with ground gases
- outline options for managing and mitigating risks associated with ground gases
- describe the planning and regulatory process relating to ground gases in NSW.
The EPA invites feedback on the draft guidelines to ensure it:
- adequately achieves its purpose
- contains up-to-date, correct and relevant information
- is useful and user-friendly.
Have your say
Have your say online by 8 October 2019.