Mascot Substation Project
What's this about?
The upgrade will include the construction of a new substation at Mascot, which will increase the number of trains operating on the line each hour.
The proposal includes:
- a new substation at 166 O’Riordan Street, Mascot
- ancillary works, including new security fencing around the substation, lighting and CCTV
- upgrade security fencing around the mobile antenna located behind the new substation
- operation of the proposed substation.
The substation is needed to power more train services on the T8 Airport Line. The location was carefully chosen based on the availability of government-owned land and proximity to the station.
The design aims to minimise visual impact to local residents and the surrounding community.
The substation will include a ground floor basement and first floor containing electrical equipment, loading dock and staff amenities. The building will be set back from neighbouring properties and O’Riordan Street.
Have your say
There are three ways to submit your feedback:
- Email: Transport for NSW Project Team
- Phone: 1800 684 490
- Mail: More Trains, More Services — Mascot Substation Project
Associate Director — Environmental Impact Assessment
Locked Bag 6501, St Leonards NSW 2065
- Online: consultation website
Have your say by Tuesday 17 December 2019.