Murray Alluvium Water Resource Plan
What's this about?
There are some proposed changes to the water sharing arrangements in Murray Alluvium water resource plan area that includes the Lower Murray Deep, Lower Murray Shallow, Upper Murray and Billabong Creek groundwater sources.
- alignment of the long term average annual extraction limits to match the Basin Plan’s sustainable diversion limits
- additional provisions for assessing compliance with sustainable diversion limits under the Basin Plan
- identification and scheduling of high priority groundwater dependent ecosystems
- removal of provisions relating to ‘water level management’ to avoid inconsistencies with the NSW Water Management Act 2000
- a proposed increase to the depth boundary from 12 metres to 20 metres for the Lower Murray Shallow
- standardised distance rules for bore location
- additional rules to reduce risks to groundwater from sources of contamination.
Have your say
Visit the consultation website to read the new draft water resource plan and draft water sharing plan, and make a submission online.
Have your say by 5pm on 20 July 2019.