Newell Highway upgrade at Coonabarabran
What's this about?
The NSW Government is providing $11.5 million for the planning of an upgrade of the Newell Highway at Coonabarabran. This work is part of the $500 million Newell Highway upgrade program.
The NSW Government is committed to improving connectivity and safety for all road users, including freight vehicles along the Newell Highway.
Roads and Maritime Services is in the planning phase of developing a Coonabarabran Bypass that will reduce travel time and increase the safety of road users and pedestrians. The project will keep trucks off the local streets and reduce noise and air pollution in town.
Benefits of the project include:
- reduced travel time
- fewer trucks on local streets
- lower cost for vehicle operators
- improved motorist and pedestrian safety
- reduced noise and air pollution in town
- reduced traffic congestion
- reduced conflict between local traffic and heavy vehicles.
You can speak with the project team about the upgrade at the Volunteer Rescue Association, Castlereagh Street, Coonabarabran during the following times:
- Thursday, 16 May 2019, 4pm – 6pm
- Friday, 17 May 2019, 11am – 2pm
- Thursday, 23 May 2019, 5pm – 7pm
- Friday, 24 May 2019, 11am – 2pm
Have your say
Have your say about the upgrade via an online survey by 13 June 2019.