Proposed Pesticides Regulation 2017
What's this about?
The Pesticide Regulation 2009 is due to be repealed on 1 September 2017.
The Regulation supports the operation of NSW’s principal Act for managing risks associated with the use of pesticides.
A majority of the provisions are remaining the same, however there will be a few key changes:
- streamlining of record keeping requirements for non-licensed pesticide users
- alternatives for retraining for agricultural users
- new licences categories
- updated licence fees
- including universities in definition of public authorities required to have a pesticide use notification plan
- updated penalty amounts.
Have your say
There are three ways you can submit your feedback:
- Email: [email protected]
- Online: Consultation website
- Mail: Manager, Chemicals Policy
Environment Protection Authority
PO Box A290
Sydney South NSW 1232
Have your say by 7 July 2017.