Regional Infrastructure Review
What’s this about?
Premier Gladys Berejiklian and Deputy Premier John Barilaro have asked Lieutenant General Ken Gillespie, the government’s Regional Infrastructure Coordinator, to lead the Regional Infrastructure Review. A review report will be submitted to the NSW Government for consideration in May 2017.
The Regional Infrastructure Coordinator will advise the government on:
- any obstacles to the efficient and effective delivery of local and regional infrastructure, including unnecessary delays in identifying and developing worthwhile projects, and procuring and delivering those projects once they are funded
- measures it can take to remove or reduce these delays in the near term
- ongoing mechanisms it can establish to monitor and report on projects, so that agencies are clear about their obligations and are held to account.
Mr Gillespie will also review and suggest improvements on:
- coordination of regional and local infrastructure planning, which is currently undertaken by Infrastructure NSW and agencies such as Transport for NSW and DPI Water.
- external project assurance, which is currently performed across government by Infrastructure NSW.
- administration of regional submissions-based programs, such as Resources for Regions, currently managed by Infrastructure NSW.
- ‘step in’ rights to procure and deliver projects where agencies are failing to perform (as per Projects NSW).
Have your say
You can provide your feedback to the Regional Infrastructure Coordinator by emailing: [email protected]
Have your say by Friday, 28 April 2017.
Lieutenant General Ken Gillespie
Former Australian Army Chief Lieutenant General Ken Gillespie AC DSC CSM was appointed the NSW Government’s first Regional Infrastructure Coordinator and is charged with accelerating the rollout of infrastructure across the state.