Remake of Fair Trading Regulation
What’s this about?
The existing Fair Trading Regulation 2012 will be repealed on 1 September 2019.
NSW Fair Trading is proposing to remake the regulation, with changes, to improve and enhance the regulatory framework. The proposed regulation supports the Fair Trading Act 1987.
The new regulation will:
- provide information standards relating to fuel price signs at service stations and funeral service providers
- mandate the industry code of conduct for motor vehicle insurers and repairers
- provide some exceptions to gift card expiry date requirements
- update the penalties for offences under the Australian Consumer Law and the Fair Trading Act.
Have your say
There are two ways you can provide your feedback:
- Email: [email protected]
- Mail: Fair Trading Regulation 2012 consultation
Regulatory Policy, Better Regulation
Department of Finance, Services and Innovation
2-24 Rawson Place
Haymarket NSW 2000
Have your say by 29 July 2019.