Remediation of Land SEPP
What’s this about?
For almost 20 years, the State Environmental Planning Policy (SEPP) for the Remediation of Land and the existing guidelines have provided the planning framework for the management of contaminated land in NSW.
Guidelines and an Explanation of Intended Effect (EIE) for a new SEPP have been prepared.
The EIE sets out how the proposed SEPP will:
- provide a state-wide planning framework for land remediation
- require consent authorities to consider the potential for land to be contaminated when determining development applications
- clearly list the remediation works that require development consent
- introduce certification and operational requirements for remediation works that can be undertaken without development consent.
Have your say
There are two ways you can provide feedback:
- Online: consultation website
- Mail: Director, Housing Approvals and Policy
Department of Planning and Environment
GPO Box 39
Sydney NSW 2000
Have your say by 31 March 2018.