Residential Tenancies Regulation
What's this about?
The Residential Tenancies Regulation 2010 is being remade to progress reforms to residential tenancy laws and improve the renting experience in NSW.
NSW Fair Trading is seeking feedback on the proposed regulation and input on the time needed for landlords, tenants and real estate agents to comply with and transition to the new requirements. This feedback will inform the start date for the reforms.
Some of the changes to the regulation include:
- expanding the list of material facts that landlords or their agents must not knowingly conceal from a prospective tenant to include drug crimes
- prescribing the manner and the period for landlords to carry out repairs to a smoke alarm, and prescribing the conditions under which a tenant may replace a battery in a smoke alarm
- establishing a list of minor alterations where it would be unreasonable for a landlord to withhold consent for a tenant to carry out, and specifying which alterations may be carried out by a qualified person.
Have your say
There are three ways you can submit your feedback:
- Email: [email protected]
- Online: consultation website
- Mail: Residential Tenancies Regulation 2019 consultation
Regulatory Policy, BRD
Department of Customer Services
2-24 Rawson Place
Haymarket NSW 2000
Have your say by 2 August 2019.