Retirement Village Inquiry
What's this about?
Politician and social advocate Kathryn Greiner AO will lead the Retirement Village inquiry that will review the fairness and transparency of business practices of retirement villages in NSW, including:
- transparency and honesty of marketing activities
- clarity of fees and contractual rights and obligations for prospective residents and their families
- suitability and fairness of village maintenance and operational practices to maintain resident safety
- availability and cost-effectiveness of dispute resolution mechanisms
- fairness of arrangements to levy maintenance fees to maintain the village and address building defects.
To hear the views of residents and members of the community, forums will be held in Sydney, Hornsby, Ballina, Port Macquarie, Newcastle, Wollongong, and Wagga Wagga during October 2017.
To register for a forum, visit the consultation website
Have your say
There are three other ways you can provide your feedback:
- Online: submission form
- Email: [email protected]
- Mail: Retirement Villages Inquiry
Better Regulation Division
Department of Finance, Services and Innovation
McKell Building, 2-24 Rawson Place
Sydney NSW 2000
Have your say by 31 October 2017.