Review of the Marine Estate Management
What's this about?
A review of this Regulation is underway to:
- ensure all provisions are still relevant
- ensure consistency with other legislation
- determine if management provisions can be improved and/or streamlined.
The review so far has found that:
- all but one of the current provisions are necessary to support management of marine parks and aquatic reserves
- no new regulations are required for the marine estate in general
- four proposed amendments will improve the practical operation of marine parks and aquatic reserves.
The proposed amendments will have little or no negative impacts on stakeholders or the community and the zones, zone objectives and management rules for marine parks and aquatic reserves remain the same.
A separate project will look at the zones and management rules for marine parks, starting with the Solitary Islands and Batemans marine parks.
Have your say
Send your feedback to:
Marine Estate Management Regulation Submission
NSW Department of Primary Industries, Fisheries
Locked Bag 1
Nelson Bay 2315 NSW
Have your say by 9 July 2017.