Schools at Meadowbank Precinct
What's this about?
The growing community in the Meadowbank area is set to receive brand new, purpose-built education facilities by 2022.
Building on the opportunity for Ryde to be a centre of excellence for education, the core area of the Meadowbank Education and Employment Precinct will feature new primary and secondary schools.
To cater for the growing community and ensure students have access to the best possible learning facilities, Meadowbank Public School and Marsden High School will be relocated to new facilities within the Precinct.
The new facilities will cater for:
- 1000 primary students
- 1500 secondary students
- 120 intensive English students.
The new facilities will feature:
- a primary school and a secondary school with facilities seamlessly integrated into the landscape
- contemporary, multi-purpose and flexible learning spaces
- open green space for sporting and recreation activities
- the Wallamattagal learning centre
- opportunities for students to complete primary, secondary and vocational education at one campus.
Have your say
Have your say about the relocated schools State Significant Development Application (SSDA) via the consultation website by 20 November 2019.
Or have your say in person on:
- Wednesday 6 November 2019 from 5:30pm to 7:30pm at TAFE NSW Meadowbank Campus, Building P, lower ground level function room (next to cafeteria)
- Saturday 16 November 2019 from 3pm to 5pm at TAFE NSW Meadowbank Campus, Building P, lower ground level function room (next to cafeteria).
Consultation is also occurring on an SSDA for a new Multi-Trades and Digital Technology Hub at TAFE Meadowbank and a preliminary Masterplan for the Meadowbank Education and Employment Precinct. The preliminary Masterplan is not part of the SSDAs.
Separate submissions will need to be lodged in relation to each SSDA and consultation process you wish to comment on.