Springwood to Lithgow rail corridor
What's this about?
The NSW Government is delivering a new Intercity Fleet to replace the trains carrying customers from Sydney to the Central Coast, Newcastle, Blue Mountains including Lithgow and the South Coast.
The new trains will operate along the entire Blue Mountains Line to Lithgow and will provide a new level of comfort and convenience for our intercity customers.
Modifications are needed along the rail corridor from west of Springwood Station to Lithgow Station to accommodate the new Intercity Fleet. These modifications will bring the Blue Mountains Line up to the standard of the rest of the electrified rail network.
- extending platforms at Katoomba Station and Lithgow Station
- changes to station platform edges (known as platform coping)
- re-positioning of rail tracks along the length of the rail corridor
- changes to the existing platform canopy at Faulconbridge Station and signalling
- upgrades to the overhead wiring system and supporting structures.
Have your say
There are two ways you can provide your feedback:
- Email: [email protected]
- Mail: New Intercity Fleet – Springwood to Lithgow Rail Corridor Modifications
Associate Director – Environmental Impact Assessment
Locked Bag 6501
St Leonards NSW 2065
Have your say by 29 August 2017.
- Email: Associate Director - Environmental Impact Assessment
- Phone: 1800 684 490
- Agency Website
- Consultation Website