Sydney Metro Martin Place Station
What's this about?
Macquarie Group’s concept proposal for an integrated Sydney Metro Martin Place station development is on exhibition for community feedback.
The Department of Planning and Environment is inviting comments on a proposal to build two commercial towers above the northern and southern entrances of the future Martin Place Metro Station including:
- a new 40+ storey building at the northern end that will join with the existing Macquarie Group building at 50 Martin Place
- a new 28+ storey building at the southern end
- an all-weather pedestrian concourse connecting between the northern and southern station entrances.
Two other applications also relate to this proposed development.
A separate planning proposal will be considered to change the shape of the building to allow more floor space above 55 metres on the southern side of Martin Place, while still ensuring that Martin Place and Hyde Park receives enough sunlight.
A request from Transport for NSW to modify the approved Sydney Metro Critical State Significant Infrastructure to accommodate the proposal will be also considered.
The other proposals will be placed on exhibition soon.
Have your say
There are two ways you can submit your feedback:
- Online: using the online form
- Mail: Director Key Sites Assessments
Planning Services, Department of Planning and Environment
GPO Box 39
Sydney NSW 2001
Have your say by 30 June 2017.