Ten Tunnels Deviation Modifications
What's this about?
The NSW Government is delivering a New Intercity Fleet to replace trains carrying customers from Sydney to the Central Coast, Newcastle, the Blue Mountains (including Lithgow) and South Coast.
The new state-of-the-art trains will replace the ageing V-Sets to provide customers with a more comfortable and reliable journey.
The trains will feature:
- wider, more spacious seats with armrests
- charging facilities for mobile devices
- two by two seating for extra room and comfort
- dedicated spaces for luggage, prams, bicycles and wheelchairs
- improved accessibility including accessible toilets, cup holders and tray tables
- improved customer information through digital information screens and announcements
- CCTV and help point
- modern air conditioning.
Minor modifications to the Ten Tunnels Deviation, between Newnes Junction station and Zig Zag station, are needed to enable through services to Lithgow on the new trains.
The REF will assess potential impacts and mitigation measures for the project. The planning documents will be on public display from 6 February to 27 February 2018.
You can speak with the project team at the following locations:
Lithgow Valley Plaza, Bent and Lithgow Streets, Lithgow
- 9 February, 3pm to 6pm
- 10 February, 10am to 1pm.
Mount Victoria Public Hall and Mount Vic Flicks, Harley Avenue, Mount Victoria
- 13 February, 4pm to 7pm
- 17 February, 8:30am to 11am.
If you are unable to attend any of these sessions and would like to speak with the team, contact the project info-line on 1800 684 490 or email [email protected].
You can view the REF at the following locations:
- Blue Mountains City Council: 2-6 Civic Place, Katoomba and 104 Macquarie Road, Springwood
- Lithgow City Council: 180 Mort Street, Lithgow
- Lithgow Library and Learning Centre: 157 Main Street, Lithgow
- Mount Victoria station: Platform 1 waiting room, Station Street, Mount Victoria
- Transport for NSW: Level 5, Tower A, Zenith Centre, 821 Pacific Highway, Chatswood.
Have your say
There are three ways you can provide your feedback:
- Email: [email protected]
- Online: consultation website
- Mail: New Intercity Fleet Ten Tunnels Deviation Modifications
Associate Director – Environmental Impact Assessment
Locked Bag 6501
St Leonards NSW 2065.
Please provide your feedback by 5pm 27 February 2018.
- Email: Associate Director - Environmental Impact Assessment
- Phone: 1800 684 490
- Agency Website
- Consultation Website