The Horsley Drive upgrade
What's this about?
The proposed upgrade for The Horsley Drive between the M7 Motorway and Cowpasture Road, Horsley Park would provide an important east-west connection between the Western Sydney Employment Area, M7 Motorway and Wetherill Park/Smithfield industrial area.
The project would also deliver improved access to the Western Sydney Parklands and provide a separate off-road shared path for cyclists and pedestrians.
The upgrade will include:
- a four-lane divided road between the M7 Motorway and Cowpasture Road with a wide central median to allow for six lanes in the future
- an extra eastbound lane from west of Ferrers Road to Cowpasture Road
- a pedestrian and cyclist shared path along The Horsley Drive, connecting to the Western Sydney Parklands cycleway
- upgrade of the Ferrers Road intersection and Cowpasture Road north intersection
- upgrade of the roundabout at The Horsley Drive and Cowpasture Road (southern section) to an intersection with traffic lights to improve traffic flow
The concept design and Environmental Investigation Report can be viewed online or in person at the Wetherill Park Library.
Have your say
There are two ways you can submit your feedback:
- Email: [email protected]
- Mail: The Horsley Drive upgrade
Roads and Maritime Services
PO Box 973
Parramatta NSW 2124
Have your say by 4 August 2017.