Wahroonga Station upgrade
What's this about?
Transport for NSW is proposing to improve accessibility at Wahroonga Station.
Key features of the upgrade include:
- a new lift to provide access from the Redleaf Avenue bridge to the station platform
- platform extension to connect to the new lift
- a new accessible ramp and walkway between the station to Wahroonga Shopping Village
- upgrade of the Redleaf Avenue bridge and replacement of the pedestrian walkway with a new footbridge
- a new family accessible toilet and unisex ambulant toilet
- a new accessible parking space and a zone for taxis and kiss and ride
- a new canopy for the Platform 1 boarding assistance zone
- five new bike parking hoops
- improvements to CCTV and lighting.
The Review of Environmental Factors is on public display from Tuesday 3 December until Tuesday 17 December 2019 at the following locations:
- Ku-ring-gai Council
818 Pacific Highway, Gordon
- Turramurra Library
5 Ray Street, Turramurra
- Transport for NSW Office
Level 5, Tower A, Zenith Centre, 821 Pacific Highway, Chatswood
- Consultation website
Feedback received during this period will assist Transport for NSW to understand what is important to customers.
The feedback will also be considered by the project team when developing the final design for project approval.
All submissions received during the public display will be considered as part of the planning approval process and addressed in a Determination Report. The Determination Report will be available in early 2020 and respond to key themes from the feedback received, details regarding any changes to the scope, and next steps with the project.
Community information sessions
The public is invited to a community information session at Wahroonga Station on Monday 9 December 2019 from 4pm to 6pm. Guests will have the opportunity to ask the Transport for NSW project team questions on the project.
If you are unable to attend and would like to talk with the team, call the Project Infoline 1800 684 490 or send an email.
Have your say
There are two ways you can provide your feedback:
- Email: [email protected]
- Mail: Transport Access Program – Wahroonga Station
Associate Director, Environmental Impact Assessment
Transport for NSW
Locked Bag 6501
St Leonards NSW 2065
Have your say by Tuesday 17 December 2019.