Water Management (General) Regulation
What's this about?
The Water Management Act 2000 establishes a framework for the sustainable management of water in NSW.
The current Water Management (General) Regulation 2011 specifies:
- procedural and technical matters related to the administration of the Act
- exemptions from licence and approval requirements under the Act
- certain functions and powers of water supply authorities.
The Water Management (General) Regulation 2011 is due to lapse on 1 September 2018 under the Subordinate Legislation Act 1989.
DPI Water is proposing to remake the 2011 Regulation with proposed amendments which will:
- clarify a number of matters relating to licensing and approval requirements, and the functions and powers of water supply authorities
- cut red tape by creating new exemptions from approval requirements.
Have your say
There are three ways you can submit your feedback:
- Online: consultation website
- Email: [email protected]
- Mail: Remake of regulation submission
Manager Regulatory Reform
Locked Bag 5123
Parramatta NSW 2124
Have your say by 3 September 2017.