I Can Help
Community groups and charities are working alongside the NSW Government to provide structured support and help refugees as they rebuild their lives in NSW.
Opportunities exist for all members of the community to get involved and to volunteer their time, skills or experience to help welcome refugees to NSW. Big or small, your contribution can help make a difference to the lives of refugees living in NSW. Find out about the benefits of volunteering.
Volunteers come from all walks of life. They are working people, students, and professionals; they are young people and retirees. They come from every suburb and community and a variety of cultural, educational and religious backgrounds.
Please review the list below for volunteering opportunities in your area. You can also check for opportunities to support new refugees and migrants in NSW at volunteer.com.au and govolunteer.com.au. Tip: Filter job listings by causes like "migrant support" and "community service" or keywords like "refugees".
- Western Sydney
- Asylum Seeker Community Support Assistant
- Asylum Seeker Community Support Assistant – Community Language
- Driving Mentor in Fairfield
- Employment Readiness Assistant – Bankstown
- Employment Readiness Assistant – Auburn (Wednesday availability required)
- Employment Readiness assistant
- Friendship Garden Volunteer (Thursday availability required)
- Housing Inspection Volunteer – Humanitarian Housing (Arabic speaking only)
- Life Skills Program Assistant – Arabic or Farsi Speaking
- Refugee Student Mentor
- Refugee Student Mentor – Outer Western Suburbs
- Refugee Student Support volunteer
- SPARK Bright Sparks Volunteer
- SPARK Active Kids Volunteers – Fairfield and Liverpool
- Volunteers to run "Active Kids" program
- Youth @ Work Mentor for Migrant and Refugee Youth
- North Coast
- Central Coast
- Riverina Murray
Make a donation
To provide financial assistance, visit the UNHCR Refugee Agency Australia website.
Personal goods can be distributed to refugees through the following organisations: