Puffed quinoa chocolate slice
- 3 cups (100g) puffed quinoa
- ½ cup (130g) soft pitted dates, packed
- ½ cup (130g) nut butter
- ½ cup (125ml) non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup (20g) cacao powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
1. Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper. Place the quinoa into a large mixing bowl.
2. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, add the pitted dates and nut butter. Blend on high until smooth, then add the milk, cacao, cinnamon and salt. Pulse until fully combined.
3. Add the date mixture to the quinoa puffs and mix until combined, then press into the lined baking tin.
4. Use damp hands to really press it in and try to make it as even as possible. Place the tin in the freezer for 30 minutes, or refrigerate for a couple of hours, before cutting into 16 squares. Keep refrigerated in a sealed container.
This recipe makes 4–6 serves.