Pukara Estate Balsamic Pavlova
- Pukara Estate Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil to brush
- 6 egg whites
- 300g caster sugar
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp Pukara Estate White Wine Liqueur Vinegar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Berries of choice
- Passionfruit pulp
- 600ml whipping cream
- 2–3 large tbsp of icing sugar
- Pukara Estate Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar to serve
1. Preheat oven to 120°C (250°F). Line baking tray with parchment paper. Brush with olive oil then dust with cornflour.
2. Use an electric mixer to beat the six egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, cleaning sides and beating well after each tablespoon until the mixture is glossy and the sugar has dissolved. Add in cornflour, vinegar and vanilla and whisk together until all combined.
3. Use a spatula to transfer the meringue mixture onto the parchment paper in a circle. The diameter should be around 20–25 cm.
4. Bake for 90 minutes then turn the oven off, open the oven door and leave the pavlova until it is completely cool. Gently transfer to a serving plate.
5. In a bowl place the cream and 2 tablespoons of icing sugar and beat until thickened. Spoon over the pavlova.
6. Drizzle with passionfruit pulp, decorate with berries of your choice and drizzle caramelised balsamic vinegar on top of the pavlova. Serve straight away.
This recipe serves 4–6.