Superbee Honey banana bread
- 125g butter
- 1 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 cups (approx 3 medium bananas) banana, mashed
- 1¾ cups (350g) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup (60ml) Superbee Honey
- Extra butter to serve
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in a mixer (you can use a hand mixer or whisk) and beat for 8–10 minutes or until pale and creamy.
2. Add the eggs slowly and beat well to combine then add the banana, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and honey and stir to combine.
3. Spoon the mixture into a 26cm x 11cm lightly greased tin, lined with baking paper.
4. Bake for 1 hour or until cooked when tested with a fork. Cool in the tin for 20 minutes before turning out onto a board or rack.
5. Slice and serve with the extra butter.
This recipe serves 4–6.