Drought Stimulus Package
The NSW Government's $170 million Drought Stimulus Package will fund a number of shovel-ready infrastructure and town water projects around regional NSW.
Projects that support regional communities by attracting business investment, generating local jobs and stimulating the local economy will be identified for funding.
Projects already announced to be funded include:
- $30 million for new groundwater infrastructure at Dubbo
- $8.2 million to construct a second water storage facility at Nyngan
- $2.2 million to improve bore water supply at Coonabarabran
- $2 million for critical maintenance of the Albert Priest Channel (Nyngan to Cobar)
- $1.97 million for civil works to establish the Coolamon Industrial Estate development.
Projects will start quickly and deliver an immediate economic boost to our regional communities.
For more information on the Drought Stimulus Package, email [email protected] or phone 1300 679 673.
Emergency Drought Relief Fund
On top of the Drought Stimulus Package, an additional $185 million for the Emergency Drought Relief Fund will go towards on-farm drought support measures, including:
- $70 million for transport subsidies (stock, fodder and water)
- $50 million to waive Local Land Services rates
- $30 million to waive fixed charges for NSW Water Licences
- $15 million for emergency water carting
- $10 million to waive interest charges for Farm Innovation Fund loans.
For more information on this new funding, visit www.droughthub.nsw.gov.au.
The additional funding brings the NSW Government’s investment in drought support to more than $1.8 billion.