Drought Stimulus Package
The NSW Government's $170 million Drought Stimulus Package will fund shovel-ready infrastructure projects with the objective of delivering economic stimulus for local economies experiencing the flow-on effects of the drought. The primary aim of the program is to mitigate the employment and income effects of the current drought on regional NSW by leveraging the existing regional infrastructure project pipeline.
Projects that support regional communities by generating local jobs and stimulating the local economy will be identified for funding.
Projects will start quickly to deliver an immediate economic boost to our regional communities.
- $3.9 million for Inland Rail Ready Industrial Precinct, Gilgandra
- $6 million for Boothenba Road intersection, Dubbo
- $6.5 million for Regional Airport Upgrade, Scone
- $4.25 million for multiple road upgrades at Singleton
- $1.97 million for civil works to establish the Coolamon Industrial Estate development
A set of critical town water projects has also been announced:
- $30 million for new groundwater infrastructure at Dubbo
- $2.2 million to improve bore water supply at Coonabarabran
- $2 million for critical maintenance of the Albert Priest Channel (Nyngan to Cobar)
- $2 million for a water security and water quality project in Narromine
For more information on the Drought Stimulus Package, email [email protected] or phone 1300 679 673
Visit the Drought Hub website to learn more about drought assistance packages.