Power infrastructure upgrade help available for regional businesses
Applications are open for the pilot NSW Regional Business Power Infrastructure Upgrade Program (RBPIUP) to help businesses to overcome electrical infrastructure impediments and boost growth.
The pilot program is targeted at regional businesses with projects that have the potential to result in substantial job growth and that will benefit the local economy and other businesses in their area.
Who can apply?
To apply, businesses must:
- have a Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for GST
- be located in Regional NSW, which excludes metropolitan Sydney and suburbs, Newcastle and Wollongong
- employ at least three full-time or part-time employees, who can include owners
- have been trading for at least two years.
What information is required?
A key component of the RBPIUP is that companies must be able to demonstrate that:
- there is an electrical infrastructure impediment to growth
- the proposed infrastructure has the potential to benefit more than one business
- the project will result in job growth
- the business has provided evidence that an energy efficiency options review has been conducted or they have registered for the Introduction to Energy Management course through Office of Environment & Heritage.
Which businesses will not be considered?
Businesses will not be eligible to apply if:
- the projects that require an electrical infrastructure upgrade compromise competitive neutrality
- suppliers of services for delivery of infrastructure have common ownership or control with the company applying for funds
- you need financial support for internal project costs – this fund is only available for external third-party costs.
Types of assistance
Applicants must contribute at least 50 per cent of the cost of a project and financial assistance of up to $100,000 (ex. GST) is available.
Applications are open
Application forms will only be provided following a discussion between a Department of Premier and Cabinet regional business development manager and a company principal.
For more information call 1300 679 673 or email [email protected].
Completed applications should be supported by at least two years of financial statements for the business, projections for the next three years and evidence that an energy efficiency options review has been conducted.
Evidence of an energy efficiency options review should be in the form of a letter from a source independent to the business.