Stronger Country Communities Fund
The Stronger Country Communities Fund is investing in infrastructure projects in regional NSW communities to improve the lives of residents and enhance the attractiveness of these areas as vibrant places to live and work.
The NSW Government has committed $200 million over the next two years for applications to support local infrastructure projects that will improve amenity and help sustain the social bonds at the heart of strong regional communities.
We will support projects that involve:
- building new community facilities (such as parks, playgrounds, walking and cycle pathways)
- refurbishing existing local facilities (such as community centres and libraries)
- enhancing local parks and the supporting facilities (such as kitchens and toilet blocks).
Local councils must consult with their communities to identify project proposals that meet community needs and aspirations. We will give priority to projects that provide local jobs and support local businesses.
- Download the Stronger Country Communities Fund program guidelines (PDF, 1.34MB)
- Download the Stronger Country Communities Fund fact sheet (PDF, 534 KB)
- Download the Stronger Country Communities Fund frequently asked questions (FAQs) (PDF, 195 KB)
For more information about the Stronger Country Communities Fund or the application for funding process, contact the Office of Regional Development on 1300 679 673.
Round one is now closed.
Round one of the two-year Stronger Country Communities Fund has now closed and project applications are being assessed. Close to 400 applications were received from across regional NSW to support local infrastructure projects to improve amenity and enhance facilities within their local communities.
Successful projects will be announced as soon as the assessment process is complete. The first tranche of projects are expected to be announced in mid-December 2017. Details will be published on this page once they are confirmed.
Round two of the Fund will open to applications in early 2018.