Stronger Country Communities Fund
The Stronger Country Communities Fund is investing in infrastructure projects in regional NSW communities to improve the lives of residents and enhance the attractiveness of these areas as vibrant places to live and work.
The NSW Government has committed $200 million for applications to support local infrastructure projects that will improve amenity and help sustain the social bonds at the heart of strong regional communities.
Round two has closed and is under assessment
The Stronger Country Communities Fund is available to all 92 regional local government areas, Lord Howe Island and the Unincorporated Far West. Regional local councils are those outside Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong
Round 2 made $200 million available for community amenity and local sports projects.
Resources for round two
Documents for round two can be downloaded below:
• Round two Program Guidelines – Stronger Country Communities Fund (PDF, 943 KB)
• Fact Sheet – Stronger Country Communities Fund (PDF, 198 KB)
• Frequently Asked Questions – Stronger Country Communities Fund (external link) (PDF, 1.13 MB)
Additional Resources were available to assist with the development of funding applications:
- Project-Budget-Template.xlsx (XLSX, 16KB
- Project Plan Template (XLSX, 15 KB)
- Project Costs Checklist (PDF, 42 KB)
- Information for non-council organisations (PDF, 239 KB)
Online Information Session
On 13 and 15 March 2018, the Department of Premier and Cabinet ran two webinars about the funding available, application process and assessment criteria for project applications this year.
Watch the webinar recording to find out about applying for project funding in round two.