Farmers buying zinc phosphide
Primary producers will be able to claim a rebate for buying zinc phosphide ahead of spring.
Primary producers experiencing financial hardship due to the mouse plague will be able to get assistance in buying zinc phosphide.
Farmers will be eligible to claim
- a rebate of 50 per cent on zinc phosphide purchases, up to $10,000.
Zinc phosphide rebate framework
- how primary producers will be able to claim the rebate
- the eligibility criteria.
More information will provided shortly.
Securing zinc phosphide for farmers
NSW Government is also working with manufacturers to help shore up supplies of zinc phosphide, including
- providing $5 million to assist with the costs of transporting zinc phosphide to Australia
- ensuring zinc phosphide baits produced as part of this arrangement are earmarked for sale to NSW producers first
- working to connect manufacturers with Commonwealth support such as the International Freight Assistance Mechanism.