This evaluation of Youth on Track aims to determine the effectiveness and impact that the program has on Youth on Track clients. It focuses on the social benefits and considers the impact of the program on family and siblings.
The evaluation indicates that Youth on Track is contributing to enhanced social outcomes for many clients. The success of the program relates to:
- Youth on Track’s embodiment of the principles of intervening early to divert young people from the juvenile justice system
- one-on-one case management to manage and support young people and those at risk of offending
- separating treatment from punishment
- responding to risk and need rather than to crime
- responding promptly to enable a response to an immediate problem.