For Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Training NSW provides a range of programs for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people focused on:
- workplace mentoring and support services
- improving access to employment and training
- creating business opportunities
Smart and Skilled and Deadly is an initiative within Training NSW that also focuses on strengthening vocational education and training within Aboriginal communities across NSW.
In addition, the National Indigenous Australians Agency (NIAA) is responsible for employment services in remote Australia under its Community Development Program (CDP).
Through a range of activities, the CDP supports Indigenous job seekers to:
- build workplace skills and confidence
- address and overcome barriers to employment
- contribute to their communities