For job applicants with disability
People with disability, injury or a health condition may be able to receive assistance to prepare for, find and keep a job through several government programs.
RecruitAbility encourages job applicants with disability to find employment in the Australian Public Service (APS), including Senior Executive Service roles.
As well as supporting existing employees with disability, RecruitAbility can provide job applicants with disability:
- multiple entry points to the public service
- expanded career opportunities
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
The NDIS has several pathways to employment. Their services can help applicants:
- expand social networks
- raise their standard of living
- increase financial independence
Learn how the NDIS can help participants who'd like to work, to get the job they want, and keep it.
Disability Employment Services (DES)
DES providers support people with disability looking for work or who already have a job through:
- help with locating and applying for roles
- targeted training and upskilling support
- speaking to employers and co-workers about possible changes to workplace practices
- co-ordinating physical modifications to a workplace