Other types of help for renters

For those waiting for or leaving public or social housing, other types of help include:

  • Private Rental Subsidy – helps those with disability with the cost of rent until an offer of social housing can be made
  • Private Rental Brokerage Service - helps those who have a physical or mental illness, drug or alcohol problem, a physical or intellectual disability or other complex needs to find and keep a home outside of social or public housing
  • the Department of Communities and Justice can give a reference to tenants through a Statement of Satisfactory Tenancy when they are moving out of public or social housing