Rent Assistance

You may be eligible for Rent Assistance if you get certain income support payments and also pay:

  • rent
  • fees in a retirement village
  • lodging
  • board and lodging, or
  • site or mooring fees if your main home is a caravan, relocatable home or boat

You don’t need to apply for Rent Assistance. You'll be automatically assessed when you claim one of the relevant payments.

The amount will depend on how much rent you pay.