Rentstart offers help to low income earners who are eligible for, or already living in, social housing.
It's aimed at making it easier when moving out of social housing into a new home in the private rental market. Support from Rentstart includes:
- Rentstart Bond Loan - an interest-free loan to help pay the bond
- Advance Rent – a grant to those who have a Rentstart Bond Loan and are having trouble with the costs of their new tenancy. It also covers a deposit for those moving into caravan parks, registered boarding houses and hostels where a bond isn’t required
- Rentstart Move – a loan for tenants leaving public housing to help with the cost of moving
- Tenancy Assistance - help to pay any outstanding rent or water bills
- Temporary Accommodation – provides short-term accommodation for those who are homeless