Health costs and private health insurance
When planning your retirement, it can be helpful to think about how ageing may affect your health in the future.
You may want to factor the cost of health care into your budget.
If you have private health insurance, you will usually:
- have shorter waiting periods
- get your choice of doctor.
When deciding if private health insurance is right for you, think about:
- the cost of private health insurance
- the cost of possible future treatments
- your overall health
- the level of care that you want.