International students and temporary visa holders

Some public high schools in NSW offer programs for international students

There are English language requirements for entry into high school.

Students will need to show they’ve met the minimum English levels. If they cannot, they will have to enrol in a NSW government school's Intensive English Centre.

Temporary visa holders

If you’re a parent with a temporary resident visa and want to send your child to a high school in NSW, you may need to pay fees depending on the age of your child.

However, you may be eligible for an exemption or a refund depending on your situation.