If you have a chronic illness
This is a guide for people in NSW who have been diagnosed with a chronic illness. It can help you access support services, know your rights and responsibilities at work, and get help with costs.
Coming to terms with your chronic illness and being aware of treatment options can help you make more informed decisions about your health care.
And depending on the severity of your chronic illness, you may need to:
- take time off or make adjustments at work
- get financial support, such as help with living expenses, medical costs and managing your money
- make changes to your home or get home-based care
- get transport assistance
- get emotional and practical support to help you come to terms with your illness
- plan ahead, including making or updating your will and choosing a guardian or power of attorney