Support for those experiencing family or domestic violence
You can find information, counselling, referrals and support services if you're experiencing family or domestic violence.
There's also information on where you can get help with finding somewhere safe to stay.
Counselling, referrals and support services
- Domestic Violence helpline on 1800 656 463 for 24-hour counselling, advice and referrals to support services and shelters
- 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732 for 24-hour confidential information, counselling and support services. They have also created the Daisy app to connect people experiencing violence or abuse to services in their local area
- Victims Services provides a Victims Access Line on 1800 633 063 for support services, counselling and financial support packages. They also have a dedicated Aboriginal Contact Line on 1800 019 123
- Women's Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Program on 1800 938 227 provides information, advocacy and referrals to support women going through the court process
- No to Violence on 1300 766 491 offers information and counselling to help men who commit family violence