Cancel or transfer services

Cancelling or transferring services can take a lot of time and effort, but doing it sooner can help save on account fees and unwanted mail.

Which services to cancel?

While some people include information about which services they are members of in their will or with their solicitor, many people don't. 

It's not always clear which services people are members of, and it can be hard to know where to start. 

The government services you should consider notifying include:

Other services there might be accounts with include: 

  • banks and insurance companies
  • club memberships (eg. RSL, sports and fitness)
  • phone and internet 
  • energy providers (electricity and gas)
  • digital subscriptions, social media and email